Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tunisian Crochet Afghan




This was my first attempt at tunisian crochet. I found the method one day while surfing the internet. I marked it as a favorite and several weeks later I began work on it. It is a very simple stitch to learn. I used a tradional crochet hook, not an afghan hook. Each individual square is only about two inch square, so the smaller size of a traditional hook was not an issue. The finished piece is heavier than a traditional afghan made from the same yarn (considering that the stitch will create two layers, if you will). The simple color design and color combination presents a very impressive finished piece. The only thing that I don't like about it is the sides of the squares look jigsaw-puzzle-piece-ish, but I can live with it. This was one of a batch that I made in the fall/winter of 2009 for my Mother and sisters. The sister that I had in mind while making it, choose it.








Its made from Red Heart yarn and number H Boye needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment