Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Granny Squares



This is a modern take on a Granny Square Afghan. I had been wanting to make a granny square afghan for quite awhile (ROSEANNE, anyone?) Thing is, I like to modify or create my own designs; so I did some extensive research on-line for some different squares. After doing some tests squares, and searching my stash, I came up with a combination of color and design that I found pleasing. As I was making it, it grew larger and larger. This is one of five afghans I made in the fall and winter of 2009. I sent them to my Mother and let her and my sisters choose from them. I had an idea in my head who would choose what, and somehow, they choose the one I thought they would.




This is made from Red Heart and a size G Boye needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment