Sunday, September 19, 2010

Riding on the back of a Lizard...Ridge

Now this is more like it.  After two previous attempts with this yarn, I've got a pattern that I like.  It is called the Lizard Ridge Pattern, published in Knitty, fall 2006.  I've had the pattern on my fave list for a few years but my last attempt with a short row pattern was unsuccessful, so it sat on the list un-attempted for quite a while.  I finally attempted it after the two previous disasters.   It is a pattern that you have to concentrate on while working on, and the short rows did cause a headache for the first few rows.  I didn't like the way the pattern was written and even after watching a video on YouTube, I was still confused.  SO.....being the self-reliant type of guy I am, I found a much better way to work short rows.  I don't seem to get much done each day, but it is coming along.   I also noticed that this looks like a knitted version of the Wavey Afghan I started first.  This is a good thing, because I liked that pattern.  So, I'm plugging along and will post a pic when I finish  (My brain is already  planning the next three or four projects ....)

No comments:

Post a Comment